Remedial wall tie for use with thin wall far wythes and in buildings over four storys high
CemenTie is a remedial wall tie system designed for use with thin wall and hollow block far wythes and in buildings over four storys high.
- CemenTies and sock sleeves
- HeliBond cementitious grout
- Applicator fitted with extension nozzle and sock sleeve
- Drill bit
- Plastic sleeves
1. Drill 9/16” clearance hole in both wythes and flush clean.
2. Place sock sleeve over end of grout gun CemenTie nozzle and insert hole into hole in far wythe.
3. Inject sufficient grout to fill sock and expand it behind far wythe.
4. Insert CemenTie, with plastic sleeve fitted, into fabric sock.
5. When cured, test security of far wythe fixing, if required.
6. Inject grout to fill hole in facade and make good.
- Where the far wythe is a thin wall hollow block or of poor quality
- Particularly applicable from the fourth floor upwards to comply with resin-related fire concerns/safety requirements
- CemenTie uses a grout-filled sock sleeve to provide a secure bond, grouted in both wythes
- Accommodates normal building movement
- Able to bond with thin wall far wythe
- Far wythe security of fixing easily proof tested
- Effective in all common building materials
- Tie, sock sleeve and grout create excellent bond
- Very effective and economical solution
- Efficient remedial wall tie for high rise blocks
- Leaves building virtually unmarked
- Minimal inconvenience to occupants
- Multiple drip points prevent transfer of water across cavity